Thursday 4 December 2014

Week 10

Well reading week flew and was even less productive than I thought it would be! We are now into the last month of our first semester and those January exams are looming. It is time to knuckle down and get stuck into the books!

Week 10 has been nice and easy so far we were given a later start of 10:30am for our usual 9 am lecture. Not a bad way to start a Monday morning. We learned all about wound physiology and important it is. I thoroughly enjoyed the lecture and learning about the different stages of a wound and how to tell if a wound is infected or if it is simply just on its way to healing. Tuesday was a bit tougher, we learned all about the hip and ankle joints in this mornings lecture before heading to our morning tutorial to look at the models and get to grips with the different muscles, ligaments and tendons important for these joints to function.

Tuesdays afternoon was slightly more tricky when we had a new lecturer introduced to us to speak about muscle contraction which I found very itty bitty and hard to grasp however hopefully as I go over it, it will become more clear. We had another surprise as we were told we had no evening tutorial and it made a dull tuesday, that little bit brighter!

Clinic was extra busy this morning although our group was eased in as we had skills lab first where we learned all about a pressure measuring kit and how it is an excellent piece of equipment to show patients the improvement redistributing/deaccelerating the pressure from a pressure point. In the afternoon we had a very busy clinic, we all saw two patients each and I am slowly gaining more and more confidence in myself and becoming more familiar wight he different techniques. Week 5 of clinic and I am one of the only few who have not hemmed a patient yet! I am very proud of this achievement. But for now its back to my anatomy colouring book for me before I hit the hay after a very long day!

Caoimhe x




No comments:

Post a Comment